What better way to capture all the priceless memz and lifechanging experiences over the next 4 months than blogging! Read my blog if you want to know what type of wild sh*t goes on in Florence/abroad. There will be some studying involved too, but who wants to hear about that? My best efforts to put the laziness aside and update faithfully, since i realize some of you may be living your lives vicariously through me. [obvi] kidding, but srsly...
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
MY AWESOME DAY.
Aside from the abnormally freezing cold weather, I'm totally getting into this whole Florence thing. I've already been here for over 2 weeks which seems so crazy! After calling the polizia 10 minutes upon arrival (literally), and a frantic google translate sesh with the sexy cop at my kitchen table, I absolutely had my doubts as to whether or not I could survive this long. Well i did it! And it just so happens that today i had an AWESOME DAY. In my italian class i'm learning so much useful stuffff! I've been charming the italians with my one liners. They're totally lovin' the effort. A week ago I couldn't say sh*t, not even "thank you". Which is "prego" by the way, lolz. (I'm gonna read this blog a few years from now and hate myself for saying lolz!) Allora... My intercultural comm class is filled with my native Marist people, we kinda run the show at LdM, no? Even our professor spent a semester teaching at Marist last fall and conceived his first child in Poughkeepsie. Made in America! That class is MAD CHILL. Today it was just a 2.5 hr storytime session. Then I had flamenco, and after class I ventured out to buy the appropriate flamenco heels. This is where my low-key day get's exciting; Not only did I happen to bump into a black hair care store, but the lady speaks impeccable english too! Something had to give because my hair looks crazy and I don't know how you say NAPPY ROOTS in italian. So my new shop, Black Beauty, was certainly a delightful little surprise. I proceeded to successfully purchase my shoes and stumbled upon another nice find; burgers, fries, and gelato. Went for the gelato because the flavors were wildly enticing. I already love and have dreams involving nutella, now it has to be a gelato flavor too? They really had to go and do that didn't they? These italians they don't want me in a bikini. The thing is I got really carried away in that blissful moment and didn't realize how few coins I had on me, whooopssies! Anyway i flashed him a smile and a per favore and he game it to me for FREE. Whaddaya know! I'm gonna go pay him back tomorrow, you gotta love the friendly italians. I pretty much skipped the whole way home with my awesome new purchases in one hand, nutella gelato/chocolate dipped cone (with nuts) in the other hand, and a big ol smile on my face. Gurrrrl. I looked like a little kid on Christmas or something. Numerous glances and smiles from oncoming traffic confirmed it. Tonight the girls and I are going to a cute little mexi place right down the street for some margaritas. I already know i'm going HAM on the nachos, i've been looking forward to it all day. Tonight should be a great night, we're all going out for a night on the townnn. Tomorrow we'll be leaving for Switzerland for a weekend in Interlaken to celebrate Danielle's birthday :) BUT i still have to update you on my excursions at the French Riviera, so bear with me and stay tuned! Hope you enjoyed reading about my awesome day now go and have one yourself xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment